What is your favourite colour? Have you thought of making a bowl full of goodness and everything nice and colourful for breakfast?
A few years back, at least I didn’t. My breakfast was all about sandwiches, parantha’s (Indian stuffed bread with veggies or potatoes), juice and that’s about it. I never knew that apart from these, I can actually make breakfast fun, colourful and all the more healthier!
That’s the benefit of knowing how to make nice creams. It is now an everyday routine to get up and have the best of fruits in a bowl and the best part, you feel like you are having an ice cream first thing in the morning.
Also, here’s a short video on how the nice cream actually looked like. Do check it out please 🙂
In any case, here’s what you can do to make a plum nice cream:
- Cut and keep 2 plums in number in the freezer overnight
- Cut and keep 2 bananas in number in the freezer overnight (this becomes the base for all the nice creams you will ever make)
- Take out the plum and banana from the freezer whenever you wish to have the nice cream
- Blend them in a blender with half cup of soya milk (the consistency may vary depending on how you want it, you can add less for a thick creamy texture or add more to make it a shake)
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with sprinkles of your choice (in this case I have used sunflower seeds, dry coconut powder and dates)
- Sit tight and enjoy the cool and colourful bowl of goodness
PS. It contains only natural sugar, no added sugar in the bowl 🙂
Enjoy guilt-free 😀
Preparing break-fast once used to be the toughest thing for me. But thanks to Instagram, I now keep finding interesting new recipes to make. A lot of them are pretty easy to make and most of my break-fasts doesn’t even need to be cooked.
Here’s one such recipe for a quick start of the day with goodness of fruits.
2 frozen bananas,
half cup blackberries
roasted almond and raisins dipped in dark chocolate for garnish
Put the berries and the bananas in a blender and blend until a thick ice-creamy consistency is achieved.
Pour in a bowl and garnish with raisins and almonds.
With deadlines to meet and no time to eat, there needs to be an alternative solution! And how do we find that? Buy keeping a stock of veggies in our fridge.
I was out all day working on a client report today and then a video ad which is in its post-production phase. This kept me on my toes from 9:00 AM until 12:00 AM today. With this tight a schedule, I barely had time to cook and eating outside post the GST update is like putting a BIG Hole in your pockets.
Luckily I had a lot of veggies stocked in my refrigerator and here is what I made out of it in less than 5 minutes 🙂
Sea Salt Crystals (just a pinch)
Pepper (as per your taste)
Brown Sugar (just a pinch)
Secret Ingredient: Peanut Butter
- chop all the veggies and add to a bowl
- add salt, pepper and brown sugar as per your taste
- add peanut butter and stir well
- serve either with a main dish like fried rice or have it directly
Easy to prepare in less than 5 minutes and delicious in taste.
Here’s how it looked like =)
Warning: This Chick is HOT ! 😉
Ever wondered how a hot chick looks like? This is how 😀
A tingling taste of hot spices mixed with lemon juice and a bowl full of chick peas, tomatoes and sweet corn. I believe everything we eat is vegan, but people think it otherwise since it has become so normal to add all the non-vegan items on your plate and so convenient that we tend to remove veggies from our plate and end up saying that it is impossible to find veg or vegan options around. Ever since I turned vegan (exactly 2 years now), I have never been more happy, conscious and healthy at the same time. And the best feeling: A cruelty free lifestyle! 😀
Here’s how easy it was to make this Hot & Spicy Chick Pea Salad:
1 cup chick pea (soaked overnight and boiled)
1/2 cup boiled sweet corn
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup boiled potato
Green chilly (as you like it)
Chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp pesto sauce
1 tsp mustard sauce
1 tbsp lemon squeeze/ juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the soaked chick pea, potato and sweet corn
- Add all the ingredients
- Mix pesto and mustard sauce
- Add salt, pepper and lemon squeeze
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves
Be prepared to get spiced up with this hot chick and well you can keep the hotness down if you aren’t a chilly and pepper person 🙂
To make it taste better and in order to save myself from all the hotness, here’s a drink I prepared.
Thai food has always given me a palatable experience. From thai soup, noodles to other delicacies, I have always been a fan, BIG TIME!
Here’s my take on vegan pad thai rice noodles for all the hungry thai food lovers =)
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup capsicum
1/2 cup french beans
1/2 cup onions
7 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1-2 cups boiled pad thai rice noodle
- In a heated pan, put olive oil and let it heat for a few seconds
- Add garlic and onion to the oil and stir until golden
- Add carrots, beans and capsicum to the golden onion and garlic and sauté
- Add the boiled pad thai rice noodle to the veggies and mix well
- Now add soy sauce, seasonings, salt and pepper to the noodle and fry until you are sure, its good to be eaten 😉
There you go! A very simple, easy to make and delicious Thai recipe is here to serve your hunger. 🙂
Follow my Instagram for quick updates @IndianVeganDiary or use #IndianVeganDiary to locate my posts.
Sometimes rain makes me want to eat everything spicy or hot!
With the abundant resources in hand, I hope people come to realize the fact that being vegan isn’t the end. It actually is a door opening to a better world, a better, beautiful world.
And now for the spicy and hot part of the blog, here’s the recipe to my all time favorite experiment, the Sweet Corn Soup:
1 1/2 cup sweet corn kernals (boiled)
- Blend the boiled sweet corn kernals, garlic & ginger in a blender until it forms a thick paste
- Put 2 1/2 cup water to boil
- Add the paste to the water and let it form a thick consistency
- Stir until the soup becomes thick
- Add salt and pepper
Its amazing to realize how these amazing dishes can be made so easily within minutes and all you have to do is invest 10-15 minutes in making them.
Hope this was a quick and easy recipe to make on a rainy day!